Thursday, September 30, 2021

Digital Art Piece building up Shadow, Lighting, and Silhouette

 

I was really inspired by the use of shadows as a tool for 3-Dimensional Construction, exemplified by the work of Carlos Huante.  I did my best to begin with flat base colors with a vibrant palette so that I could avoid doing any construction with line in this piece.


I suffered from a lot of art block when trying to figure out what the subject matter should be, but ultimately I'm quite happy with how that shadows on the reaper character and the serpent beast turned out.

Here is a piece by Carlos Huante that I used when building my shadows
In particular, I loved the blending on this particular work.  I've got quite a way to go before I can say I really captured what the artist managed here, and were I to do it again I'd certainly build more color into the shadows.



No comments:

Post a Comment

July 20, 2022 VR Update